The Stimson Center ranks 17th among all American think tanks according to the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program of the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, putting it among the top 1% of US think tanks. This is the third year in a row that Stimson has been listed among the top 20 U.S. think tanks and the sixth year in the top 25. Stimson was also once again recognized in the Best New Idea or Paradigm category, highlighting the institution’s unique solution-focused approach. (Full report)
“For three decades, Stimson has been a leading voice on urgent global issues. We are proud that our unique approach to promoting international security, shared prosperity, and justice continues to be recognized for its global impact. At Stimson we take good policy ideas and work to make them a reality – field testing prototypes, building tools, and working with local leaders. As changes in power and technology usher in a challenging new era, think tanks need to reinvent themselves. We are proud to be at the forefront of that change,” said Brian Finlay, CEO and President of the Stimson Center.
Stimson was ranked #10 in the Best New Idea or Paradigm category, highlighting policy innovation across a range of research areas. Innovative projects at Stimson include:
- The SLAFKA Prototype: Using DLT for nuclear material accountancy and control
- The Climate and Ocean Risk Vulnerability Index (CORVI) : a tool for coastal cities to measure their climate-ocean risks and prioritize investments in resilience.
- Powering Peace: Exploring how UN field missions can use renewable energy to improve effectiveness, save money, enhance security, and increase access to energy while mitigating climate change
- ChemLexis, The Chemical Security Legal Index: Identifying and evaluating the legal architecture of chemical security around the world.
- South Asian Voices: An online policy platform for strategic analysis that gives the region’s next generation of leaders a shared understand of their peers and the challenges they face together.
Stimson was recognized in the Best Use of the Internet category. See the new Stimson website launched just 10 days ago: www.stimson.org/
The Stimson Center promotes international security, shared prosperity & justice through applied research and independent analysis, deep engagement, and policy innovation. More at www.stimson.org.
# # #