Indonesia’s Foreign Policy Positioning between China and the United States: Enduring Themes, Recent Issues, Outlook in the Post-US Election Environment
- US – ASEAN Business Council Institute, Inc.
- US – Indonesia Society (USINDO)
- US – Philippines Society
- Johns Hopkins-SAIS Southeast Asia League of Students (SEALS)
Discussion Groups and Commentary Series
Coordinated with partner organizations
- Ambassador’s Corner: Commentaries on studying Southeast Asia written by ASEAN countries’ ambassadors in the U.S. and U.S. ambassadors to ASEAN member states and ASEAN headquarters.
- Philippines Roundtable: The premier forum in the U.S. for discussion of Philippine affairs and U.S.-Philippine relations; conducted in partnership with the U.S.-Philippine Society.
- Burma Study Group: Informal group of students, faculty and think tank researchers specializing in Burma/Myanmar affairs and relations with the U.S.
- Frederick Z. Brown Indochina Roundtable: Informal group of students, faculty and think tank researchers specializing in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia; named after retired U.S. diplomat, SAIS faculty member, and noted commentator on Indochina affairs and U.S. relations with Indochina countries.
- Indonesia Discussion Group: Informal group of students, faculty and think tank researchers specializing on Indonesia affairs and U.S.-Indonesia relations; conducted in partnership with the U.S.-Indonesia Society.
- Robert O. Blake, Jr., McLarty Associates, Former U.S. Ambassador to Indonesia
- Alexander Feldman, President & CEO, US-ASEAN Business Council, Inc.
- Elizabeth Dugan, Vice President, and Marc Mealy, President, US-ASEAN Business Council Institute, Inc.
- Christina Fink, Professor of the Practice of International Affairs, Elliot School of International Affairs, George Washington University
- Michael J. Green, Director of Asian Studies, Professor and Chair in Modern and Contemporary Japanese Politics and Foreign Policy, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University and Senior Vice President for Asia & Japan Chair, Center for Strategic & International Studies
- Hank Hendrickson, Executive Director, US-Philippines Society
- Pekkoon Heng, Director of the ASEAN Initiative and Assistant Professor, School of International Service, American University
- Henry Howard, Founding Member of the Board of Directors, US-Philippines Society and President, US Education Finance Corp.
- Karl D. Jackson, Starr Distinguished Professor of Asian Studies and Southeast Asia Studies, School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University
- W. Russell King, Senior Vice President, International Relations, Freeport-McMoRan Inc.
- Satu Limaye, Vice President, East-West Center and Director, EWC in Washington
- David Merrill, President, US-Indonesia Society
- Meredith Miller, Principal, Albright-Stonebridge Group
- Erin Murphy, Founder & Principal, Inle Advisory Group
- Vikram Nehru, Distinguished Practitioner-in-Residence, Johns Hopkins – SAIS
- JJ Ong, Manager, International Government Affairs, Chevron
- Meredith Weiss, Professor, Chair of Political Science, Director of Semester in Washington, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, State University of New York at Albany