The closed-door, invitation-only workshop was held across four days. Sessions included presentations, discussions, and breakout groups on key issues related to the protection of civilians in future NATO operations. Topics included NATO’s progress to date in implementing its PoC policy, recognizing current and future strategic and operational challenges, honing research needs, and identifying opportunities to strengthen implementation of and innovations in PoC.
The first day of the conference was recorded and can be viewed below. To view the conference’s full program and speaker list, please see the attached agenda.
If you would like more information about the conference or this project, please contact [email protected].
Day One: NATO & The Future of Protection of Civilians – Featured Speakers:
- Victoria K. Holt, Vice President, Stimson Center (Moderator)
- Ambassador Marriët Schuurman, Director Stabilisation and Humanitarian Aid, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Netherlands
- Ambassador David Angell, Permanent Representative to NATO, Canada
- Captain Panagiotis Papageorgiou, Branch Head, NATO Allied Command Transformation
- Rachel Grimes MBE, Liaison Officer to the UN, ICRC and NGOs, NATO Allied Command Transformation
- Marla Keenan, Non-Resident Fellow, Stimson Center (Closing Remarks)